Sunday, November 15, 2009

BP10_2009113_Web 2.0 Woopid



Week 3 – Researching and Blogging about Web 2.0 Tools

 

Woopid

 

A common theme when I am conducting software training is the varying skill levels of the attendees. During any given class I may have some students who have just mastered the art of email, and others who are skilled Flash developers. As the instructor, it can be quite challenging to try and keep a good pace while both keeping students engaged and not left behind.

 

Over the past two years I have gotten in the habit of giving my students outside resources to use in conjunction with our software program. Essentially, our product allows users to create interactive and engaging elearning content. Throughout the training course, I provide students with websites for devel

oping storyboards, organizational charts, flash development, etc. The more comfortable the students feel on the computer, the better content they will be able to develop.

 

When I stumbled upon Woopid, a free online video tutorial site, I immediately thought it would be a great resource to share with my students. When students access the site, they are able to search among a series of tutorials aimed at teaching software and computer applications. The tutorials are divided into five main subject categories. These categories are: hardware, Inter

net, Mac, Ubuntu, and Windows. 

 

The Internet, for example, is in a constant state of change. For some of our older students, who may not necessarily have a choice in transitioning to elearning, these video tutorials can be a tremendous resource for them. From learning how to navigate Facebook for corporate networking, to creating a Google document, these tutorials can quickly bring students up to speed with some basic computer functionality. 


1 comment:

  1. Tara, I really enjoyed your find of woopid. I checked out the tutorials, awesome stuff!! The Mac tutorials are great for a novice of the operating system. I totally agree that some older people have a very difficult time navigating around even the internet. Some of my coworkers can hardly open outlook, even though it is located directly on the desktop. Great find!

    ReplyDelete