Sunday, November 8, 2009

Bp7_2009112_Web2.0 #1




The HotList

Part of my job requires that I travel 50% of the time. Every other week I am traveling to foreign cities both domestic and international.  In fact, right now I am blogging from an airport in Tokyo. A web-based application like The HotList allows me to see all of the events going on in a specific area, with just one glance. Traveling alone can sometimes make one feel a little shy and self conscious about trying new things and visiting new places. The HotList would alleviate some of these fears, and give me the option to connect with others. 

With The Hotlist you can have on the go access with your Blackberry or iPhone. For someone like me, who has to travel constantly for work, this anytime anywhere access is exactly what I need. 

This site is geared toward college students and alumni. I could see the advantages to using this site at the graduate level. Students can connect with one another to set up study groups, and even see who has already arrived before they get to the designated location. 

Using the EMDT course as an example, The HotList could be used to network with others, such as to find critical friends or colleagues who share similar interests and passions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment